In the following weeks, school is returning, which means FBLA recruitment season will officially begin! Many excited, yet anxious new students will receive the opportunity to check out all the amazing things that your school has to offer—including its different clubs and organizations. With that being said, here are a few tips to help YOU make this booming season successful and most importantly fun!
1. LET YOUR ENTHUSIASM SHINE – Why did you join FBLA? Recruiting members is the perfect time to share with others how FBLA has personally changed your life and how it can change theirs as well.
2. GET CREATIVE WITH HANDOUTS – Flyers and handouts are great in that information is easily found all in one place! However, these are even more fun if you find a way to place all of that information into something useful, such as onto a paper fan or even a postcard!
3. MAKE YOUR BOOTH FUN AND INTERACTIVE! – Nobody wants to check out a booth that’s boring! If your school hosts an orientation, early open house, or a time when new and even returning students can check out different clubs, make your booth stand out with interactive items! Make an FBLA themed Instagram cardboard cut-out that students can take pictures with. Make a “Wheel of Fortune” type of board that lists membership benefits! Make it fun!
4. DID SOMEONE SAY CANDY? – Nothing excites people more than candy. Attaching it to flyers or handouts with a little saying such as, “It would be SWEET if you joined FBLA” is just one of many possible things you can do to add that extra spark.
5. ENLIST THE HELP OF YOUR STATE OFFICERS! – We all began as curious individuals who dared to take the first steps into joining FBLA. We would love to visit you and help you recruit members this school year! If you would like us to visit your school, whether it may be for your school’s freshman orientation, open house, or chapter meetings feel free to contact us through any of our emails (Such as, [email protected]), which can be found on our website at nevadafbla.org.
We are thrilled to be a part of the 75th year of FBLA and even more thrilled to see how each and every one of you begins your year toward a successful LEGACY OF LEADERSHIP.
Your legacy begins today; how will you lead the way?
Southern Region VP
Posted on Mon, August 29, 2016
by Web Admin filed under